Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Apples don't fall far

Well I haven't been working a lot. I am still in training. I have no interesting stories about work. It's a job and I am trying to stay out of the drama.

We did get a phone call from the school today. It was a bit surprising it was about Kathryn. Evidently her teacher had read something to the class about mooning someone. So Kathryn mooned some people on the way to recess. The principle called and wanted to take her recess away. Brian told him if Kathryn's story was true and the teacher read about mooning not to punish her for it. We would discuss it with her. He still took her recess. I don't think mooning people is ok. Although I don think that the principle should have gotten all his facts straight before dishing out punishment. I think he should have called Brian and I after he talked to the teacher. We would have came into the school to discuss things.

I did discuss things with Kathryn when she got home. I wasn't mad at her. I had mooned classmates at recess when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. I actually got a bit of a chuckle out of it. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it?

13 Comments:

At 4/18/2006 9:26 PM , Blogger shortensweet said...

lol..It's kinda like when a kid swears, you know it's not funny, but you really can't help laughing about it.
I can remember a few other things you did Roo when you were in 2nd or 3rd grade..in a tent :)
hopefully, that apple won't fall at all :p

 
At 4/18/2006 9:30 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Ok, what did you do in a tent?

 
At 4/18/2006 11:20 PM , Blogger Roo said...

I hope that apple doesn't fall. I shit in my sleeping bag. Because, my bathroom buddy wouldn't go with me. At the camp you were not allowed to go w/o someone you you.

You better hope James your future daughter doesn't like raymond noodles.

 
At 4/18/2006 11:39 PM , Blogger shortensweet said...

LMAO!!! Good call..if I don't have a future daughter, Emily LOVES them..ha ha ha

 
At 4/19/2006 3:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets not even mention the fact a certain little girl came home and told her mama that the boys were making fun of her on the monkey bars. Seems she didn't wear any underwear that day under her cute little dress! So whether you moon by design or accident, it seems quite possible that by 2nd or 3rd grade, the little kids get to see each other's butts naked. If they don't freak out over it, why should we? And why is a teacher talking to the kids about mooning? Seems to me that if some incident happened, just the kid that did it, not the whole class, needed to hear about it.

 
At 4/19/2006 8:12 AM , Blogger Roo said...

Right Mom I think the teacher should have had a talking to also. I don't think that it was all Kathryn's idea. She was just being a 3rd grade kid trying to get attention. Yes, she shouldn't have done it but, it was my place to disapline her not the principle. He should have saved the inappropriate thing talk for the teacher. BTW the teacher did bring it up by accident. I think it's just as much her fault.

 
At 4/19/2006 10:52 AM , Blogger bunnyjo georg said...

It's too bad we live in a society where skinny dipping and mooning are such evils. When we were kids, skinny dipping and mooning had to do with freedom from the constraints of clothing and didn't carry the sexual implications it does today.

Tell Kathryn way to go and the principle to go to hell.

Mooning. Sha.

 
At 4/20/2006 3:06 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

That wasn't very nice of your camping buddy to do that! What an awful camping experience!!

 
At 4/20/2006 6:07 PM , Blogger shortensweet said...

the camping story is how I met Roo :)
I wasn't her buddy though.

 
At 4/20/2006 9:51 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Well, at least something good came of it!

 
At 4/21/2006 6:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Personally, I think kid's butts are harmless. It's not like she has a hairy, blubbery butt full of blackheads - that's when she'd need her reccess ganked.

 
At 4/22/2006 10:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I tagged you, missy, check my blog for the 411.

 
At 4/22/2006 10:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How petty some teachers can be.

There are kids carrying knives to school and I am sure they're not for sharpning pencils.

So to worry about a kid mooning another is ridiculous.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home